Weezer’s “Buddy Holly” could’ve been called “Fred Astaire.”
UMG, Sony Music, WMG
1. Alanis Morissette felt embarrassed after it was pointed out that the situations in her song « Ironic » weren't really ironic.
2. The female voice heard moaning at the beginning of Garbage's « #1 Crush » (the remixed Nellee Hooper version from the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack) is actually Madonna's. The vocals were sampled from Madonna's song « Bedtime Story, » which Hooper also co-produced.
3. Filter's lead singer, Richard Patrick, wrote « Take a Picture » about the time he got blackout drunk and naked on a plane.
4. Oasis's « Live Forever » was written as an optimistic retort to Nirvana's « I Hate Myself and Want to Die. »
5. Hole's « Malibu » is about Kurt Cobain's stay at a rehab clinic in Malibu.