“If I could rewind time I would go back and monitor heavily his use of social media, YouTube, and the internet.”
A mom in South Carolina wants to warn other parents after she says her 11-year-old son died after playing a « pass-out game » he found online.
They rushed him to the hospital, but the 11-year-old died the next day.
Pangel said an investigation into the case is still ongoing, and the coroner has yet to rule on the boy's cause of death.
However, Davorius' mother, Latrice Hunt, and others who knew the boy believe he would never try to harm himself.
« He was the life of the party, he was the class clown, he was the sweetest kid, » Pangel said.
After Davorius died, Hunt discovered he had been « playing games called ‘hangman’ and ‘pass-out challenge,' » she said in a statement to BuzzFeed News.
The games, versions of which have been around for years, involve choking yourself to the point of passing out.
Hunt said she believes her son was playing one of these games when he died. Pangel said the family thinks he was trying to play a prank on his family.
« He showed no signs of depression or destructive behavior, but Davorius was a prankster and loved to play tricks, » Hunt said. « He talked about how much he loved his family and people and never showed us any sign otherwise. »